Joe Pluta wrote:
The definition of a web app is actually very simple: a
web application is an application accessed via a browser.

Accessed via a browser? That definition works for me. But it still begs the question, what about Mochasoft browser components? And what about Java applet based 5250 emulators embedded in HTML pages? And what about any other Java applet or ActiveX component embedded in HTML pages? And similarly, what about Flash and Silverlight plug-ins?

I normally don't get caught up in semantics, but if push comes to shove, maybe the definition should be "accessed via browser" and "uses HTTP protocol" to communicate between client and server.

That way, we can discriminate against 5250 ;-)