Vern

From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>

Given a sufficiently [presumed to be effectively] unique string to be
searched, the STRSST D/A/D find function for an address range could be
used to scan the DASD for such data. For occurrences found, visit the
base segment address to determine if it is a dataspace segment, then
find its owning dataspace object, owning member, and then its context.

Regards, Chuck

Pete Hall wrote:

Well, the other day, I needed to find a table that contained a
particular ID. Something like:
grep "ABC123456789" *
Is it possible to do something like that in qsys.lib? Assume the
database tables have an unknown schema, and there are a bunch of
them. <>