Thanks Roger, that's helpful information. However, I'm leaning toward buying a new printer with Ethernet adapter as the work area has limited space.
Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Roger Harman
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 11:40 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Zebra Printer with serial port

I have two Zebra's with parallel interfaces running off a single PC with
Client Access. Works OK for me. I did the ZPL coding manually.
Similarly, I have three Monarch printers running off serial ports in
another location. The PC's (a couple of old clunkers) are just a fancy
protocol converter.

Bryan_Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxx 07/09/2008 8:19:44 AM >>>
Is this a twinax interface? I should have stated that we already use a
twinax interface (I-O 4440) along with T.L. Ashford software and my
objective is to get rid on the twinax connection.