RE: Search OS/400 Physical Files

fixed

Tommy,

As I suspected as a set of modern native functions.

FWIW, with that said, the OS COULD be enhanced to have more modern functions, native. I understand there are other vendors with more modern products that enhance and perhaps that's the real answer. Having worked for IBM, I understand they often build products with good solid basics and then let vendor's do the fluffy stuff that everyone likes, as is the case with folks like Platinum and BMC in the mainframe world. But, I don't think the IBM i can afford to be that cavalier as its not the platform most CIOs nor CTOs think of when they are looking to buy a technology platform for their business. And, this is a shame because the IBM i has a wonderful TCO and other positive attributes but that gets lost in its old legacy look and feel. I know IBM is working on this, to some extent, but I don't think to enough of an extent if they hope to see the IBM i as a product for the long term.

Thanks,

Dave