Re: Monitor IFS in real time for FTP put (new files received)

fixed

ADDEXITPGM will run a user written program every time an ftp command is run.

Blair Hamren wrote:

We need to monitor the IFS in real time for new files received via the FTP 'put' command. We have an application where a vendor's machine is going to FTP us a file when a group of orders is deposited at a wrapping station. We need to gather that information immediately and print invoices at that wrapping station. Here is what the vendor has stated as givens:
1. They will only FTP the file to the IFS.
2. They will NOT send a line to submit an iSeries command as part of the FTP put.

We have looked at MONIFS command in IFSTOOL on www.easy400.net but looking deeper in the code, it monitors the journal once a minute. If I change this to look through every second, isn't this going to kill system performance.

Another option we may try is BVStool's FTPTOOL. The documentation makes it look promising based on this sentence: 'Add "triggers" that will run any command or program when certain FTP commands are used'

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Blair Hamren