Re: Any Combination of Settings to Get one Large Contiguous Job Log in V5R4

fixed

One of the main reasons that I started putting code in my programs to
remove messages that I processed. Here's a code sample:
MONMSG CPF9801 EXEC(DO) /* Object does not exist */
/* Remove message from cluttering joblog */
RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*NEXT) MSGKEY(*TOP) RMV(*YES) KEYVAR(&KEYVAR) +
MSGDTA(&DATA) MSGID(&MSGID)
EndDo

So, if your job does a lot of:
DLTF QTEMP/MYFILE
MONMSG CPF0000
Then change it to do:
DLTF QTEMP/MYFILE
MONMSG CPF2105 EXEC(DO) /* Object does not exist */
/* Remove message from cluttering joblog */
RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*NEXT) MSGKEY(*TOP) RMV(*YES) KEYVAR(&KEYVAR) +
MSGDTA(&DATA) MSGID(&MSGID)
EndDo

And your joblogs may be a LOT cleaner. This actually removed a thousand
or so pages from one joblog.
Notice that I also dropped the CPF0000 and replaced it with CPF2105. In
theory your DLTF may fail because of some other reason and I hate to
assume it was because the file wasn't there.