P:(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/26/2008 01:46:31 PM:

Alan, I am getting error message "Row not found for UPDATE."

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:34 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Need help with SQL SET statement

I believe its because you cannot update part of a field
Try
UPDATE MYLIB/MFFILE SET myFLD = substr(myFLD,1,5)|| '0000 '
where substr(myFLD,6,8) =' '

The character || is concatenation. NOTE there are 4 blanks after the 4
0's

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

"Shaheen Ahmed"

<Syed.Ahmed@usamo

bility.com>
Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical

midrange-l-bounce Discussion"

s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

06/26/2008 01:28
Subject
PM RE: Need help with SQL SET

statement

Please respond to

Midrange Systems

Technical

Discussion

<midrange-l@midra

nge.com>

Roger,

UPDATE MYLIB/MFFILE SET substr(myFLD,6,4) ='0000'
where substr(myFLD,6,8) =' '

This is not working. Got error message "Token ( was not valid. Valid
tokens: =. "

UPDATE MYLIB/MFFILE SET substr(myFLD,6,4) ='0000'
where substr(myFLD,6,8) =' '

list

list

list