From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glenn Gundermann
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Field level security

As far as I know, only DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows supports column-level

For DB2 for IBM i, I think you have to create a view with just the columns
you want.

Hope this helps.

Glenn Gundermann
Cell: 416-317-3144

Is there any way through standard OS means to obtain field level
For example, if I give Jane Doe the ability to create a query over the
employee master file, is there a way to let her see everything except
salary field?

This is a V5R4 system. Does V6 have this feature?

Paul Nelson
Office 512-392-2577
Cell 708-670-6978

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.