From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Grizzly Malchow
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:19 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: ADDRPYLE for a message to a writer

We have a label printer named PRT28 in our warehouse that always sends
the following message when label stock is switched.
Verify alignment on printer PRT28. (I G N R E C)
Currently I answer the message by doing WRKWTR , taking option 7 and
replying with a G.

The message ID is CPA4002.
I ran the following command to add the message to the system reply list

Adding the reply didn't do what I hoped it would because I still have to
answer the message.
I'm guessing that is because the writer is allocated to the QSPLJOB
user profile and it uses the QDFTJOBD job description, which has

Can anyone tell me if it would be a bad idea to change QDFTJOBD to use
*SYSRPYL insead of *RQD in the INQMSGRPY field? If so can anyone offer
some alternatives?

Thanks in advance,

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.