You should also ensure you are running the QSYS version of the command rather than a user-customised variant--presuming the user changed the default the sensible way and didn't just alter the QSYS one.

Absolutely lovely: somebody changed the original CRTDUPOBJ in QSYS. <rolleyes> And I was already starting to develop a headache when I walked in this morning.

Well, I was going to go through the installer anyway, in line with Simon's comments.