From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kurt Anderson
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:07 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Returning values with a procedure

Note: If you ever intend to have exported procedures with return
variables that will be accessed by PHP, EGL, VARPG, or any other
language that will access the procedure via the API (can't think of it
off the top of my head) - you will be limited to a return value of 10i
0. Because of this we generally return values as parameters. (Also due
to this, we can't use Options(*Nopass), my favorite parameter passing
option... unavailable to me.)

Oh, and another limitation with this API is you can only have 7
parameters (of course a data structure parameter gets around this).

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith Inc