Neil,

I don't consider that IBM i running on the same platform as AIX or Linux as
the "mainstreaming" event. What is mainstream is the fact that IBM has
promised that the three OSs will be featured with equal icon representation
in the marketing. Whenever you see AIX, i and Linux together, you are seeing
a strong change in marketing. When Power Systems are 'sold', the three icons
will be represented together. IBM reps are going to have to answer the
question "what is this i for business?". Prospects are going to wonder why
you use "i for business" and not AIX or Linux.

However you look at it, we have always complained that we were the
stepchild. Now we are in the family portraits. And people are going to be
talking about IBM i like they have not done in a long time. What an
opportunity we have to take our "platform" into the future.

C'mon irene!

Trevor