From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kevin.Brake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 2:14 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: back up options

We're looking into ways to consolidate/automate our backup strategies.
Right now we have two separate operations, one for the windows
servers/SAN to a tape library device and a second operation for our
i5/520 (V5R4) where we backup libraries to a separate LTO3 single tape
device.

The vendors we've talked to do not have interfaces that could "pull"
from the i5. So we're wondering if anyone has pushed backups from IBM
onto a windows SAN for capture to tape and if it would be possible to
restore from such a device?