Many years ago HP tried a grab of AS/400 customers. Somewhere around
1992 I believe. IBM came back firing and fighting. I think it actually
benefited IBM - they got some free advertising and had enough hutzpa to
go after HP customers....

A while back there was the formation of the MAP. Not as overt an action
but if you had 1/2 a brain you could see that was clearly the intent of
several members of MAP (Infinite was a part of this). Reaction from
IBM? I distinctly heard crickets chirping and I think I might have even
heard a tumbleweed blow by. That was about it.

I think some of what will be divulged at COMMON will help but I really
hope that you see valid efforts on IBM's part. Competition is good.
It's even better when the other side does something.....matter of fact
this actually might be a good test of the new alignment. Ability to
react, time to react, assertiveness, creativity, etc.

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302
765.741.7696
765.741.7012 f

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Saint-Gobain. <redaction>. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must
take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to
anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this
email in error.

Blame
The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.