what is the downside of choosing a JS22 over an i525? The JS22 has a
PowerPC 6 processor vs the 5+ on the i525. The JS22 will be faster than the
i525? By my calcs, the JS22 system will cost $80K. the i525 config I am
reading has a price of $258,000. Will the overall performance of the i525
be better than the JS22?

new i525 config:
- 0595 pci-x tower unit 4x $31,980
- 2844 pci iop 6x $12,600
- 4326 35GB drives. 46x $55,154
- 4475 4GB DDR2 memory. 4x $11,124
- 5591 2757 controller w/aux write cache. 3x $20,985
- 7792 express config 1x $79,900
total price $258,000

compared to JS22 blade:

hard drives:
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=4611686018425132252&storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=-840

main storage memory,
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&dualCurrId=73&categoryId=4611686018425214230

disk system DS4700 model 70
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=4611686018425366971&storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=-840

JS22 blade with i5/OS
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/servers/js22e/799861xai.html

the components are:
- bladecenter H chassis $4234
- JS22 blade $7436
- i5/OS entitlement $15,000
- 60 i5/OS users $15,000
- software maintenance $1000
- DASD Disk System $26,000
- 16GB main memory $3600
- 16 x 146GB SAS hot swap drives. 2TB total capacity. 1TB mirrored. $8800.

total price: $80,470