On 20/02/2008, CRPence <crp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Having .dtf with trailing blank(s) on the lines: SE19829

Two such incidents with the identical symptom of the given English
text, not by message since that was not noted, [one for each of past two
years] were both customer-resolved per "There were corrupted install
files. When we used a new installation path the issue disappeared." and
"Our installations (which were all done through ghost or similar
software) are corrupted." I have no idea what those comments meant,
because neither customer shared the details for how they determined that
they had a /corrupted install/.

A message identifier that is searched, if there is one associated
with that text, would probably yield more possible
incidents\resolutions; e.g. non-English cases.

Thanks for the answer, Chuck. Unfortunately the message is in a window
with the title "iSeries Data Transfer". I'm not a Windows expert and I
don't know if there's a way to get any more information from the
message. Our iSeries Access builds are made through Application
Installation Tool (AIT) which works over Microsoft .NET framework. I'm
not sure though whether this is a Microsoft tool or something that has
been developed within the company. They have a fixed image of iSeries
Access so I think I'm going to have to find out who controls AIT and
see if we can get the image updated.