Re: FTP file naming issue

fixed

Hi Tim,

In your FTP script use: ls (disk

This will create a file in your Current Library called LSOUTPUT that will
give you a listing of all the files in the directory you are looking at.

I have created processes using this for our EDI transactions, sending and
receiving, that run automatically all day long.

HTH.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Tim Gornall" <tgornall@xxxxxxxxxx>
02/08/2008 12:58 PM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
FTP file naming issue

I'm trying to automate a process that retrieves a file via FTP from a
vendor
that is named using a date/time stamp. In other words, the file name will
dynamically change each time it is created. Can I rename this file on
either end somehow? If I use GET I must know the file name to begin with.
If I use MGET with a wild card, I can get the file, but I can't specify
the
destination name, so now I have a file in my IFS but I don't know the
name.
It appears RENAME does not support wildcards, etc. Is anyone doing
something similar? Thanks, Tim