From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 11:09 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: And so it continues...

From: Aaron Bartell

I didn't change the term's definition. I said you can't have mash-ups
without integration of technologies.

You said:

EGL utilizes the following technologies to come up with an end result:
<snip>
How is that not a mash-up of open source?"

You said EGL is a mash-up of open source. You did not say EGL is an
integration of open source technologies. You used the word mash-up
inappropriately and then argued about it for five more posts.

This is exactly the sort of thing I want to stay away from. I am not going
to argue with you anymore about your use of words; I just wanted to point
out the specific activity that causes problems, at least in my opinion. If
everyone else is cool with it, I will be too. I just won't respond, and
Josh will be much happier <smile>.

Joe