From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:11 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: HMC Console Woes in manual IPL

Hi,

So, this is the first time i really do something with a HMC. I've
gotten everything so far, but now i've run into a problem that i can't
quite figure out.

When IPLing in normal mode, the machine boots just fine, i can open a
HMC console window and get a 5250 session to my machine. Everything is
good.

However, when IPLing in manual mode, the machine boots fine, i can
open a HMC console window, and all i ever see is a black screen, with
SRC A600 5008 being reported in the HMC.

After surfing the Web for a bit, i didn't find an exact reference, but
there was some tlak about console takeover.

So, i enabled that. Now the A600 5008 message is completely gone, and
when closing and reopining the HMC console window, i also see all the
Console Takeover messages, but when completing the takeover i get a
black screen again. Not fun.

Machine and everthing was delivered last friday, so it should be up to
speed on all the patches there might be, plus Google didn't find
anything using the reference code and the HMC.

Anyone an idea, or am i just too stupid to use an HMC?