Dennis,

With all due respect, if your work management routes the job to the correct
subsystem, you will already be in the right subsystem before the CHGPWD
screen is shown. Clearly this design was intended for dumb terminals, but
this can be done for Client Access.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

"Denis
Robitaille"
<denis_robitaille To
@cascades.com> "Midrange Systems Technical
Sent by: Discussion"
midrange-l-bounce <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc

Subject
11/14/2007 11:03 Rép. : Re: Multilanguage support
PM questions

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

I agree, but the change password screen appears before I can change the
subsystem.

Al Barsa <barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2007-11-14 17:30 >>>

What you need to do is put them in different subsystems, which is how
this
support was intended to work.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

"Denis

Robitaille"

<denis_robitaille
@cascades.com> "MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
Sent by: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange-l-bounce
cc
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject
Multilanguage support questions

11/14/2007 02:28

PM

Please respond to

Midrange Systems

Technical

Discussion

<midrange-l@midra

nge.com>

Hello all,

I am faced with a problem to which I don't see any obvious solution.

On our system I we support both french and english speaking users.

We use the jobd to make sure that the users see the display files of
our applications in the appropriate language.

When they log on, we use their initial program (INLPGM) to change the
system part of their library list to make sure that the appropriate
QSYSxxxx library is first so that the see IBM displays in the
appropriate language (Ex: WRKSPLF).

So far so good.

But when their password expires (Because of SOX, they must now change
their password every 90 days), they get a screen that informs them
that
their password as expired and that they must change it. This screen
appears in the language of the system, so if the system is french, the
english users do not understand and if the system is in english, the
french do not understand.

It seems that the screen used to prompt a new password is called
before
the user initial progam so we have not yet changed the order of the
QSYSxxxx library.

We are looking to either:
1. find a way to display the password expired screen in the
appropriate
language
2. override this display with one of our own that would be bilingual

I hope my explanation are clear.

I will appreciate any suggestion

Thanks
list