Hello, Steve:

You can use the WRKLICINF command to view all license information for all LPPs that have license keys on a system. From this display, you can add license keys, display the license status of each product, etc. -- perhaps there, you can see what the status of 5769-JS1 really is.
Check with their sys. admin. or B.P. -- they should have a printed page with their license keys from IBM that came with the software -- perhaps they purchased 5769-JS1 and so they may have a legitimate license key for it, but forgot to enter the license key? In that case, it might only be necessary to re-add the license key for this product.

When you install many IBM LPPs such as 5769-JS1, they add their commands to those in QSYS, so it is hard for any ordinary users (or programmers) to tell one product from another, so it is possible that someone is now using some features of the Advanced Job Scheduler (although perhaps inadvertently.)

IBM ships many "keyed licensed products" with the OS/400 CDs, so it is possible that someone inadvertently installed it "by mistake" -- all IBM products install with a 70-day grace period. Perhaps this was the case for 5769-JS1 at this shop. If no one ever used it, the counter would remain at "70 days" -- and now, recently, someone may have started using some of its commands or features, thus starting the "countdown" from 70 days (you say they have 64 days remaining). You can see this by displaying the status of 5769-JS1 from WRKLICINF.

Another idea would be to simply remove this licensed program from this system (GO LICPGM, then choose option 12. "delete licensed programs" and select 5769-JS1 from the list, or use the RMVLICPGM command). Then, wait to see what job(s) are affected. :-o That way, you can find out who (or what jobs) are using the Advanced Job Scheduler. If it turns out they paid for this LPP and they really do want to use it, you could always re-install it again. (You might want to save it to a save file before deleting it, e.g. using the SAVLICPGM command, so you can just restore it from there if needed, via RSTLICPGM, if they decide it is needed after all.)

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> Steve Rushing wrote:
Where is license key information stored on a V4R5 system?

Last week I had to help a customer do a scratch restore from their last SAVE 21, which was only a few months old. We did have an issue with restoring all of the DLO's and as of right now, some of the Q* folders are missing. Other than that, all went well.

The only issue they have is a recurring message in QSYSOPR

-- A user was added, but the usage limit for product 5769JS1, license term
V4R4M0, feature 5050, was exceeded. Users have until the specified date (64
more days) to use this product. When this date is reached, the grace period
expires and all users exceeding the usage limit are released.

This is the only product that is generating a message. They don't even use the advanced job scheduler as far as I know, Only the normal scheduler.

The system was restored with GO RESTORE option 21. They had no parity and lost a drive and therefore the whole system. Thankfully, help is on the way with a new 515 in a few months!

I am really mostly curious why this is happening and what could have been done differently during the restore, if anything.

Thanks.

-Steve