Joe - In our shop we do have a rather extensive homegrown SQL
application. This application requires more attention from a DBA's point
of view than a traditional System i application.

What is interesting in our case is that our System i DBA is also a DBA
on the Oracle/MS SQL Server platforms too.

Of course on those platforms they can easily separate System
Administration from DBA.

Our external auditors just need to understand the System i architecture
and how it differs from traditional system architecture. We just need to
keep telling them that!

Kenneth