From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elvis Budimlic
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:40 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Using SELECT AS to Create Column Heading

Column heading is actually a LABEL in SQL terminology. So after you create
a table, you'd do something like:

LABEL ON COLUMN SCHOOL IS 'Elementary School District
535'

Notice that you can have up to 3 rows of column heading as each row will
hold up to 20 characters worth of data.

You can also add up to 50 characters descriptive text to the column by
another LABEL command, for example:

LABEL ON COLUMN SCHOOL IS 'Elementary school district 535 rocks the house'

I wouldn't use QMQRYs for this type of DDL work since it doesn't permit for
running multiple statements within the same source (well, I guess you can
use QM procedures but...).
RUNSQLSTM on the other hand allows for multiple statements in the same
source, separating them with semicolons.

HTH

Elvis

2007 System i Fall Technical Conference | Orlando | November 4-7
Celebrating 10-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i5/OS and OS/400