From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of albartell
Sent: 25 September 2007 12:58
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: I'm about to give up on "System i"

I am also in the middle of writing some documentation and I have started to
simply use "System i5" as a way to describe the new name. At the beginning
of the documentation I declare "System i5" to be synonymous with iSeries and
AS/400 for the sake of the text. I chose to add the "5" because having a
lower-case "i" in the middle of a sentence causes my mind to grind a little
when reading that portion.

Am I incorrect in saying "System i5"? Am I referring to anything in
actuality?, being that I am not really specifying the OS (i.e. System i5OS)
nor am I just specifying the hardware exclusively (i.e. System i).

Thoughts? Opinions?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com