Where does COMMON and the other conferences post their paid
registration numbers? The trend would be interesting. If the trend was
for more people to come to a conference year after year, it would
certainly indicate increasing popularity, and one could hopefully
derive increasing value. COMMON changing to one big conference a year
changes the counts for this year. btw...I think that's a good thing. I
remember when COMMON was once a year and the conference was huge. Then
it switched to twice a year and attendance dropped - naturally. But it
didn't seem to increase, so I think focusing on one large event and
one small event is good for COMMON. I've never gone to the Tech Conf
or the other conferences. I've attended OCEAN and TUG, and those are
very good IMO.