From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 12:34 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SQL Finding & Using -- iNav Run SQL

After getting to the Databases icon, or having done Open on the
Databases icon for a given system, I just use a right-click on the
specific database I want [from the list], to get to the Run SQL. No
need to continue to expand to get to the Schemas.

I originally had thought it was odd that the Run SQL feature was not
directly available from the Databases icon, with just a right-click.
However when a system has multiple databases defined in WRKRDBDIRE [for
some, perhaps only due to multiple iASP], I realized why the UI insisted

I had to select a database first, to get the Run SQL. However IMO an
improved UI would still let me right-click the Databases icon to get the

option to Run SQL, and then if I had to choose a database, present a
list or perhaps 'connect to' dialog box with an input field having an
optional pull-down list -- or it could even place me in the scripting
session, leaving it in an unconnected state, so I start muttering at my
screen about how stupid the sfw is for not knowing what I wanted ;-)

Regards, Chuck
employer

Jerry Adams wrote:
> Leibowitz, Larry wrote:
>> How do you get to the "iSeries Navigator's Run SQL Script facility"
>> I am in our Navigator and can not find it?

There may be more than one way to skin a cat, but the easiest way that

I've found is drill down to the Databases...Schemas...

"Run an SQL Script" is an option in the Task Pad at the bottom. If
you
don't have the Task Pad available, set it through the View menu
option.

list

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. CED-Concord Management will not be liable for direct,
special, indirect or consequential damages arising from the alteration of the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

MIMEsweeper for Content Security threats, including computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com