Hi Joe:

The SQL you suggested didn't quiet do the job when I tested it under query
manager. It started looping and reprocessing records. I am still working
with it.

Building a work file to represent the data needed is very easy with RPG
for this problem. Using level breaks and matching records is even less IO
than my proposed solution.

I am trying to wrap my head around SQL. This is a very basic problem in
my inventory project ... matching the owner of an inventory item at the
point in time with what happened to that item. In this case the ownership
of the item is one process (hence the owner file) and what happens to
inventory is another process (hence the status file).

Thanks both of you for your help.

Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/15/2007 11:41 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion