OK, Trevor, you lost me. I am pretty sure the final two paragraphs are related but I don't understand how you relate them. Actually, maybe its just the last paragraph. How are our applications decisions impacted by user training? Who of us ever considers user training when we squeeze one more field onto the screen?

Trevor Perry wrote:
Booth,

There is one other interesting fact related to this.

There are studies that show productivity improvements after training a user
in their own job. Usually, people learn a job from a set of notes that they
wrote when they were handed the job. Often, those notes were based on a set
of notes the previous person wrote, and so on... When a user is trained in
the specifics of their own job - and this includes their applications - they
are a better user to deal with, in terms of user interface and user
experience.

Who would have thought that training someone in their own job would actually
have an impact on how we build application systems?

Trevor