Bradley--

As far as power goes-- how much power does a 515 draw? Amps is the figure probably most useful.

APC (http://www.apc.com/products/index.cfm?ISOCountryCode=US&tsk=s368x ) makes a number of UPS systems in a variety of capacities and duration of battery. I have 2-- one for my PCs, one for the Hi-Fi. Of course, the power capacity makes a big difference in the price!

For my home PCs the only power conditioning I use is a surge protector-- I'm using surge protectors from Zero-Surge (http://www.zerosurge.com). These are (according to them) more robust than the surge protecting power strips-- they use a choke coil to absorb a lightning surge and release the power 'gently' into the hot lead of the computer, rather than dumping it to ground. According to them, this protects much better than run-of-the-mill units using MOVs. I have 4 units-- computer, Hi-Fi, and both televisions. After several years I've had no problems with lightning zapping my equipment. This is, of course, a negative finding-- maybe there were no lightning strikes nearby. In the same period of time, however, I've fried several pieces of X-10 equipment, and I have heard the ZeroSurge units HUMmmmmming a bit during storms, so I have reason to believe they're still working. A 7.5 Amp unit costs $130; 15 Amp $160; 20 Amp $200-- I think the prices have gone up since I bought mine! These prices are for 2 outlet units intended to be used with a power strip. There are other units with more outlets (for more money).

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx