Library based object text descriptions are not CCSID tagged. They are a
carryover from before CCSIDs existed and should be treated as raw hex data
(though for most systems the job default CCSID would be a good guess --
but remember, it's still just a guess).

Bruce Vining

David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/31/2007 02:18 PM
Please respond to

Is there any way to determine the CCSID of an objects description text?

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine what CCSID an object
description's text is?

Using the QUSRMBRD api I can determine what CCSID a member's description
is, but I haven't been able to find a way to do this on an object.