From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 1:39 PM
To: Midrange-L
Subject: SQL and QTEMP

Just started using SQL's DDL, as opposed to DDS, to create
files. Done about a dozen so far (new and re-vamped) with
only cosmetic problems (oversized fingers on undersized keyboard).

But today I tried creating a file in QTEMP from DDL. The
procedure (CL) issued a SQL9010 error (RUNSQLSTM command
failed). Higher up in the joblog is CPD32B0 (Constraint is
not valid):

Cause . . . . . : Constraint *N cannot be added for file ALPBSEL in
library
QTEMP for TYPE value *N. For a referential constraint (TYPE
*REFCST), the
parent file *N in library *N has a delete rule of *N and
update rule of *N.
The constraint was not added because of errors. The reason
code is 15.
15 - The file cannot be in the QTEMP library

The DDL is pretty simple:

CREATE TABLE ALPBSEL (
ABLOCAL1 CHAR(5) CCSID 37 NOT NULL ,
ABLOCAL2 CHAR(5) CCSID 37 NOT NULL ,
ABLOCAL3 CHAR(5) CCSID 37 NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY( ABLOCAL3 ,
ABLOCAL2 , ABLOCAL1 ) )
;

LABEL ON TABLE ALPBSEL
IS 'Alabama Price Book Selections' ;

LABEL ON COLUMN ALPBSEL
( ABLOCAL1 IS 'First Local Code' ,
ABLOCAL2 IS 'Second Local Code' ,
ABLOCAL3 IS 'Third Local Code' ) ;

LABEL ON COLUMN ALPBSEL
( ABLOCAL1 TEXT IS 'First local code selected' ,
ABLOCAL2 TEXT IS 'Second local code selected' ,
ABLOCAL3 TEXT IS 'Third local code selected' ) ;

I used the following to try to create it:

RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(ADSOE200/QSQLSRC) SRCMBR(ALPBSEL) +
COMMIT(*NONE) DFTRDBCOL(QTEMP)

Does SQL just refuse to play in the QTEMP sandbox or did I
miss a parameter in the DDL or RUNSQLSTM?

--
* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion