Well, I went and looked and I found a manual in PDF
titled "Disk Drive" .... Would you believe NO pub#
on the manual ?

It's 248 pages and has all the details on what to do
in HMC,OPS Nav,etc,etc.

The manual cover states "IBM System P5 and I5,Eserver p5 and I5
and Open Power".

I keep the Hardware InfoCenter loaded on my office PC.
It's the only information left...

Jim Franz wrote:

Pat - i beleive (only because i spent hours looking and could not find it...)
that much of what was once there is now removed from the Hdw Info Center.
And at least in the area of adding disk drives, the SST menus have
all the functions needed, they just are no longer documented.
Intentional or not, IBM is removing documententation for
working & functional menus.
<imho> if ibm has a preferred new way of doing something like
Ops Nav, they should not be deleting the docs for the old way
if it is still on their menus and shipped as part of the system.
If I could make it to this Common, I'd love to stand at the Town Hall
meeting and tell them so. Have no problem with new stuff, I have
a problem with undocumented features. Since the Hardware Info
Center is online, I don't get to look back at what it used to be.
jim