Well, list .... thanks again for all these ideas.  In case anyone is wondering,
the EDTF solution is the one that works best for me in this situation.  I'm
just removing all my own stuff from this system before sending it back to IBM
upon lease termination.  I'll leave the OS on and in working order.

Good discussion and I must admit that I learned stuff .... which is why we all
sign up for this service in the first place.  I never even heard of the EDTF
command before this morning and I've been working on the System i since 1988
when I got my first system, a B10.

Rich

"Jones, John (US)" wrote:

Hey, I did say 'something like' and the goal is to wipe the system.

Anyway, while the discussion on wiping the IFS was interesting I think
the OP's best option is as someone mentions: a scratch-install of the
LIC.  Everything 'disappears' in under an hour and it requires very
little sysadmin effort.

--
John A. Jones, CISSP
Americas Information Security Officer