Elvis, Rick:

Thanks for your answers.

  That's what I thought of, although there is (was?) always hope :-) ?

  I wonder what would be faster, using a DDS-based LF or Elvis' proposed
solution? This CL is executing a 5 sec. loop, and I wanted to avoid the
sequence of CALL/Open Cursor (or file), etc.

    Thanks again,

  Luis Rodriguez

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:------------------------------

message: 9
date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:11:56 -0500
from:
subject: RE: Getting the number of records in non-keyed logical files?

Luis,

Because views are merely SQL statement containers there are no records to
count.  Each time the view is accessed the SQL statement is executed to
retrieve the resulting data set.  To get the number of records you will need to
count the number of records returned by the SQL statement contained in the view
as posted by Elvis.

Rick