Good to see how many options the MS folk removed from the product to make us "safer" and to provide "more manageability". Maybe they should invest more into the backup and recovery options instead of providing us with a "geared down" backup system.

The backup function shipped with Vista has been slated in the various reviews I have read.

At 09:15 a.m. 21/03/2007, you wrote:

On 3/20/07, Walden H. Leverich <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >This is generally for home users; corporate users would probably use
> >Veritas or another backup solution to save client desktop information.
>
> I know many companies (ourselves included) that use NTBackup to backup

FYI. NTBackup is not shipped with Vista.

> via a job schedule entry our desktops to a server. I've not played
> w/Vista yet, but I didn't see "network drive" in your list of backup
> devices. Can you backup to a network drive?

you can backup files to another PC, but to backup the entire system
you have to backup to another drive attached to the PC or DVD.

-Steve