I hope that IBM people have there ears on.

My hopes were too high. As I reported RPU had a correction to itself that
when applied allowed it to begin the update install.  It ran just find for
about 10 hours and then went into one of those notorious "do-nothing - never
ending loops".  Very little CPU usage and the counter on the display panel
stopped counting.  I let it continue until 8 AM today, hoping that it would
break out of the loop - it didn't.  I then used the Task Manager Function to
do a controlled task end. Next I began the process again and the display in
response to "find updates" indicated that some of the required updates had
been installed so I started the install again. It ran in a positive manner
for another two hours and then went into another loop.

My patience having completely worn out, I uninstalled WDSC v6 and have
decided I will wait to get my copy of v7 before I try again.

If someone in the great Ivory Towers of IBM read this and make a correction,
it would be nice if you could make a posting on this list.  I know this
list, as far as you are concerned, is unofficial but let's face the fact
that it has a higher volume of audience then some of your official Web sites
do.

Jack Derham

Direct Systems, Inc.