To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: What to do if DST ptfs not applied

Jim,

  One of the things you can do, which I hate to even bring up, is that
you can change the timezone object itself.  Using the command
"CHGTIMZON timezonevalue", so that if you were in the Eastern US
timezone, the timezonevalue would be QN0500EST (without the PTFs
applied).  Hit F9, and then page down, and you can set how and when the
time actually changes.  You just have to make sure that this timezone
is the value in your Syetm Value QTIMZON.  Remember you are changing
the defaults from something standard to something different.

  Its easy, doable, and you won't see the clock spring ahead another hour
begining of April.  Remember, this would only take care of the
timezone, and I think one of the PTFs also did something with the JVM
for timezones as well, but if your not running JAVA, who cares.

JMHO

Pete