The problem you describe is related to not setting the correct time zone
when initially upgrading to V5R3 and/or V5R4.  What you need to do is set
the QTIMZON value to the appropriate value and then change the QTIME
system value to reflect your local time.  Everything should be OK after
that.  Right now the system thinks you're in England...

Hope this helps,
Bruce

"B Hamren" <bhamren@xxxxxxxxx>
02/22/2007 12:48 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Daylight Savings Time

Every half year the owner comes in to work and switches the clock on our
iSeries box as well as some servers when the time changes. I understand he
has been doing this for much longer than the 2+ years I have been here. I
am
looking into automating it this year. I am fine with the servers and even
our old W2K PC's. The iSeries, however, will need to be done manually as
far
as I can see.

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/globalization/dst.html

has IBM information for DST and the PTF's needed for it. It tells about
the
correct QTIMZON system value for each place. In our case, in Ohio, I would
use QN0500EST3.

The problem with this is that quite some months ago, while doing some
reading in preparation for my V5R4 upgrade, I came across this system
value,
which on our system is set to Q0000UTC with an offset of +00:00. After I
changed it to the "correct" value, some of our packages started giving bad
times. In particular our QualComm system for communicating with trucks
went
wonky. I needed to change it back ASAP. I cannot change this system value
now.

As far as I can see, I don't need to install the DST PTF's and should just
leave things as they are and have my boss, the owner, change the time
manually.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Blair Hamren