Was the message at key 58BC0 deleted?  Has the message queue wrapped?
Instead of looking for next, how about *ANY and message key of blank.

Steve

message: 7
date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:16:28 +1300
from: "Jim Wiant" <Jim.Wiant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: QMHRCVM API

I've asked about this before in more general terms, but now I have some
specifics

I'm using the QMHRCVM API to scrape messages from QSYSOPR. It always
leaves the messages in the *SAME status on QSYSOPR.

When it starts, it requests Message Type '*LAST' - and stores the key of
the message.
From that point forward it asks for Message Type '*NEXT' - always
storing the key of any message it found before, thereby only seeing
'new' messages sent since the last time the program looked.

The program stopped working today (as it does this from time to time). I
managed to debug into the program.

It was looking for the *NEXT message past key 58BC0.
I introduced a new Inquiry message. The program couldn't find it.

So in Debug I changed the API request to ask for any '*INQ' messages.
The API found the recent message.
I examined it's key, and it was CF0A0.

So therefore, asking for the next message past key 58BC0 didn't find key
CF0A0. Unless I've forgotten how Hex works, the 2nd is higher than the
first - and should have been found by the *NEXT request.

Am I missing something obvious? Any Ideas?

Thanks

Jim Wiant
Testing Coordinator
Foodstuffs, Akl. Ltd.