Is there any reason for QIBMHELP to be running?
Described as "the IBM Help Server is an interface for the InfoCenter...)
At V5R4 it starts automatically with TCP at startup, using port 4111.
It's not in the CFGTCP list of servers to specify not to autostart.
It chews up an enormous amount of resource to get going, and
(from what I can tell) at least 1.5 gig of temp storage.
It's running a Tomcat server. (????)
It's not supported by the Support Center according to doc below...
No mention of *IBMHELP or QIBMHELP in the V5R4 or R3 Memo to Users.
You can end it with endtcpsvr *ibmhelp, but it does not seem to
release the temp storage used (unless there is something else holding
this temp storage)... and will start again on next ipl.
See doc for brief description & how to keep from starting.
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/c2d295d1e7fab88d8625713f0052ac1b?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,qibmhelp
What else is IBM starting automatically that small shops don't need?
Anyone have a list of what to enable/disable that came along with recent
releases?
I like new features, but put them in the Memo to Users so we can understand
what's running and how to control them.
IPL the system & see 183 jobs running
(customer has v5r4 model 800 1-gig memory, 35 gig disk...much slower
when v5r4 loaded & even slower (attributed to lack of avail disk space)
with new cume C7002540)
Jim Franz