From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 9:50 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: P-t-P question

I did the config with ops navigator.

Modem is a US Robotics async modem.  max speed 9600 - but only connects at
14400 due to limitations of 232 interface card (so I was told).

All transfer with ZMODEM reset the modem at start of session and leave modem
in command mode at call completion.  The P-t-P config is the only issue.  At
least, I am assuming that ENDTCPPTP is the proper way to terminate a P-t-P
connection.  I do not see any parameter that might effect the state that the
modem is left in.  As I recall (dimly), normally when a call is terminated
(by
ZMODEM) two status LEDs are on, but after ENDTCPPTP, at least one additional
LED is on.  I can't recall which LEDs.  If the specific LEDs are relevant, I
can attempt to read the tiny labels.

To be clear, this is not the ECS modem.

John McKee

Quoting Carl Galgano <cgalgano2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

John, I have do quite a bit of PTP from the 400 and not had any
problems either.  Did you do the config with ops navigator or green
screen command ADDTCPPTP?
Also what modem are you using.   I know you can totally control the reset
of
the IBM options modem and even switch between async and sync profiles.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
770-422-2995