To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:19 PM
Subject: RE: Saving the System i: Fight Rather Than Switch

This is where we start to diverge.  I don't think Trevor's site really
espouses the same concepts you do below.  I think Angus is a viral
advertising site, attempting to win mindshare through gimmickry -- this is a
very common technique, I grant you, but I'm not sure it applies in the
server world. I respect Trevor's efforts, but I'm not yet a convert to the
concept of viral advertising for the iSeries.  I think it's because I get
the idea that viral advertising is an implicit concession to the idea that
FACTS can't sell the box.