Re: CHGPGM OPTIMIZE(*YES) RMVOBS(*YES)

fixed

Neither, neither

On 11/29/06, Mike Cunningham <MCUNNING@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I would like to poll the audience to find out how you use the "Optimize
program" and "Remove observable info" on the CHGPGM command. A few years
back we use to run the CHGPGM command weekly on all of our production
apps with OPTIMIZE(*YES) and RMVOBS(*YES) to reduce program size, speed
up execution, help optimize memory use and reduce backup time. I think
that was back in the late '90s. I think it was a tip picked up at COMMON
back then. Does anyone still do this? If so with what options?

optimize opitions *NO, *YES, 40, 30, 20, 10
remove obserable info options *ALL, *DBGDTA, *CRTDTA, *BLKORD, *PRCORD,

Mike Cunningham
CIO
Pennsylvania College of Technology
www.pct.edu