Scott,

Hmmm...  Does the alternative managed e-mail service run their SMTP server
on a different port??

I haven't found out yet for this one; I'm just trying to find out where I'd
change it on if that were the case.

For myself, I use www.smtp.com so that I can send email when I travel and am
not behind my ISP's network.  They accept traffic on either port 25 or 2525
(which I"m sure is just a firewall rule on their end which port forwards to
25).  But the 2525 is specifically to help get around ISP blocks.

In this case, the client decided to switch to IBM's managed email and I was
surprised when the setup instructions (or the portion I saw anyway) did not
address this potential block.

Does the alternative mail service support something like a VPN connection
to them?  Or maybe an SSH tunnel?

Not that I"ve seen mention of yet.  If they do support incoming mail on a
port other than 25 (mapping it to 25 on their firewall), I was just trying
to do my legwork on how I'd configure that on the i5.

Doug