The diagonal lines are the tip-off.  You have a hardware failure.

midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi list

I have a problem with a terminal that used to display the correct green
with black background. Over night the background display is now very green
and the foreground even brighter green and a bit blurry.

Yes I have checked the brightness and contrast dials but the screen only
goes a paler shade of green (not white;) and the foreground non-existent
(matches background) green.

There are some odd diagonal lines traversing the screen.

Any thought's apart from the bin. It is still readable.

Damian Brasher RHCE