RE: System i5 first boot

fixed

Hi Joe

I've worked at quite a few small shops (Hey - I'm in New Zealand, most of our customers are small comparatively speaking - even the big ones :)) and they often have a remote support/remote access requirement, even if it is never realised. The HMC is great solution where you want access to your machine without having to go on site run the system save, the rclstg, PTF install, etc etc.

I'd be really surprised if every one of your customers ran nine to five and powered their system down all weekend. It's been along time since I've seen a warehouse that didn't open late and shut early.

If your customers have weekend operators or out of hours operations then they might benefit. All I'm saying is try it - don't dismiss it out of hand because it is not twinax. I'm not trying to convince you it's the only/right solution, but it is a viable solution (and I wouldn't have said that about earlier efforts).

Take a good  look at what it does and can do - you might be surprised.

Regards
Evan Harris