Dear Marvin,

  If you want to print more than 255 columns on a line, you typically need to
specify a font in your printer file rather than a characters per inch (CPI)
value. The reason is that the data stream resident printer control command for
maximum print position, when specifying CPI in a printer file, uses a one byte
hex counter so the maximum number of characters per line it can support is 255.

  Specifying a CPI will typically cause OS/400 or i5/OS to assume a maximum
printer dependent carriage width of 13.2 inches. This translates to the
following MPP values for certain CPI choices:

  10 CPI - up to 132 characters per line
  12 CPI - up to 158 characters per line
  15 CPI - up to 198 characters per line
  16.7 CPI - up to 220 characters per line
  17 CPI - up to 224 characters per line
  20 CPI - up to the maximum 255 characters per line

  When you use the DDS FONT keyword or FONT parameter of a printer file, the
data stream sent to the printer changes so that a page size control is sent
instead of a maximum characters per line control. With page size, the system
will allow you to place more than 255 characters on a line so long as the line
does not exend beyond the active page size defined for the job.

  In your case, you could customize a font entry in a WSCST to space at about
23 CPI to keep all 240 columns within the 10.5 inches of printable area when
utilizing a Letter sized piece of paper in landscape orientation.

  HTH

  Best Regards,

  /Paul

  Marvin Radding wrote:
I hope someone can solve this for me.

I have a query that produces a report with 240 columns. The problem
is that it only prints the first 198 columns. Is there something on the
AS/400 that prevents it from printing more than 198? Even though the
query allows for 378 columns?

Marvin

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant
TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC

Tel/Fax: 603-343-1820
Mobile:  603-866-0712
E-mail:  ptykodi@xxxxxxxxx
WWW:     http://www.tykodi.com

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you
waiting for?