Ok finally found something that might point us in the right direction,
although I am unsure how to address it.  I was reviewing the outq and found
the following from yesterday:

MCH1604    Escape                  40    10/08/06   21:22:43   #cfdamst
001514   QMHSNDPM     QSYS         076C
                                     Message . . . . :   System object
QJOBMSGQ damaged. Internal dump ID 01001F97.
                                       Error class 0, device number X'0000'.

                                     Cause . . . . . :   This damaged system
object QJOBMSGQ has an error class 0,
                                       and a device number X'0000'.  The
following error classes indicate how
                                       damage was detected: 0000-previously
marked damage; 0001-detected abnormal
                                       condition; 0002-logically invalid
device sector; 0003-device error.  For
                                       error class 0003, the device number
identifies the damaged device or it
                                       contains zero if main storage is
damaged.

Any idea what steps I should take on this?

Douglas