Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:17 PM
Subject: RE: regexec() trouble

JK,

      I never got that pattern to work on the iSeries either.  I do
not believe it is valid on the iSeries regex APIs.  The docs state that
you should be able to use any unix regex tool like awk, ed, grep or
egrep and use those meta-characters for a pattern expression but I have
tried things I think are simple and still no match.

      Here are some other links for you to use.
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-mer0827.html
http://www.weitz.de/regex-coach/  I use this tool. Although not all
supported meta-characters are supported on the iSeries.   Your pattern
works in this tool. The Regex-coach has a pattern debug (I guess you
could call it) it allows you to step through a pattern and find out
where matches fail.
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/  I seen this one used in
documentation
http://regexlib.com/Search.aspx?k=email  a site that gives alternate
email pattern forms.

Here is a linux site man page,
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl7_regex.htm.  This is the regex
pattern style I believe the iSeries is supposed to implement (according
the the c manual
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c415607107.htm#
HDRREGCOMP)).

Thanks, Matt