Gerald,  Look into the LPR(SNDTCPSPLF) command.

You can use it like:
LPR RMTSYS(LOCALHOST)
    PRTQ(QPRINT)
    FILE(QSYSPRT)
    JOB(*)
    DESTTYP(*AS400)
    TRANSFORM(*NO)

You just need to be sure the LPD server is running  STRTCPSVR *LPD

The commands behind the option "1=Send" are stored as first level
message text in message ID's CPX3438 and CPX3439 in the QCPFMSG message
file.

Bryan Dietz

Aktion Associates